Filipino Lumpia Shanghai styleFrom jackee40 7 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- • 2 lb ground pork shopping list
- • 2 tblsp minced garlic shopping list
- • ¼ c. minced green onions shopping list
- • 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- • 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- • ¼ c. soy sauce shopping list
- • 1 egg shopping list
- • 1 pkg. lumpia or eggroll wrappers **Cut these in half into triangle shapes to double your wrappers because they don’t have to be as big (can find these in the Asian food markets) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix ground pork, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, salt and peppertogetehr in a bowl. In separate bowl, scramble the egg (this is to be used to glue end of wrapper together. Separate the lumpia/eggroll wrappers apart and keep in plastic bag so it doesn’t dry out (makes it hard to roll).
- Now you are ready to roll lumpias: Place the wrapper with the long end of triangle close to you and long corner opposite of you and place a teaspoonful close to long part of edge, then fold left and right corners in, now start rolling tightly (like rolling a cigarette) towards the corner (away from you) and dip your finger into egg mixture and place a dab on the corner prior to closing completely. Repeat until all wrappers or mixtures are gone. ** DO NOT stack on top of each other unless you place wax paper or parchment paper on top of batch or it will stick together.
- In a Deep fryer or deep frying pan, place enough oil (recommend using peanut oil as it does Not burn)to cover lumpias, and fry until lumpias are golden brown.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce or whatever you want. Very good stuff and easy to make. Great for appetizers at parties and people will praise you for it!
The Cookjackee40 Gilbert, AZ
The Rating6 people
i love lumpia, thanks.cheryilyn in Salem loved it
I love this recipe, the flavors sound so simple and clean! I love lumpia, but haven't made it. I'll give this a try soon.waterlily in Joplin loved it
Love to eat lumpia. Had a Filipino friend as a teenager and her mom made them every weekend. YUUUUUUUMMM!!!! Will try and you get my 5chefwithtaste in Lees Summit loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!