Peach MuffinsFrom bakermel 6 years ago
- 2 c. finely chopped fresh or frozen peaches (about 1 pound) shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. milk shopping list
- 4 c. AP flour shopping list
- 4 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 c. brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c. ground pecans shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 4 Tbs. cold butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease 24 (2 3/4-in. by 1 3/8-in.) mufifn cups.
- Place the peaches in a bowl and cover with 1/2 cup of the sugar.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Allow the peaches to sit for one hour.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and remaining one cup of sugar until smooth and pale in color, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 3 1/2 cups of the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and alternately fold in one-third of the milk and one-third of the flour mixture.
- Repeat until the milk and flour mixtures are both incorporated, being careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the peaches.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the filling into each prepared muffin cup.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining flour, brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon.
- Mix well.
- Add the butter.
- Using your hands, mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumb like mixture.
- Divide the crumb mixture between the muffin tops, about 1 tablespoon each.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter.
- Enjoy ! :)
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookbakermel Topeka, KS
The Rating7 people
i love peach anything! thankscheryilyn in Salem loved it
Oh can hardly wait now for the peaches to come in, I'll be sure to make the peach butter to go with these. Great post, thank you so much for sharing. You got my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
Great one my friend!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!