The Firesides Famous Sweet Potato SouffleFrom trackwidow 7 years ago
- 4 pounds peeled sweet potatoes, steamed and pureed shopping list
- 2/3 cup melted butter shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 7 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- pecan Topping shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Place sweet potatoes in large mixing bowl, whip until smooth.
- Add butter, eggs and evaporated milk, mix thoroughly, add sugar and salt.Mix thoroughly again.
- Put into a 9 x 13 pan and top with pecan topping.
- Bake at 300 for 1 1/2 hours.
- To make pecan topping, mix flour, butter and brown sugar until it's the consistency of sand. Add pecan pieces, mix thoroughly.
People Who Like This Dish 33
The Cooktrackwidow Fort Atkinson, WI
The Rating10 people
We love sweet potatoes! Out of this world is the perfect description of this recipe!! :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
LOL!! This is the way I've been making my sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving for years. How interesting to see it in print! Thanks for a great post, --Kn0x--knoxcop in Knoxville loved it
I usually just bake my sweet potatoes, but think maybe it's time I try fancying them up a bit, this recipe looks like the one to just do that. Great post, you get my high 5 for sharing.henrie in Savannah loved it