Smoked Salmon And Mozzarella CalzoneFrom greekgirrrl 9 years ago
- Basic pizza dough shopping list
- 1/2 pound roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 3 to 4 tomatoes) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon water shopping list
- 4 ounces cold-smoked salmon, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare Basic Pizza Dough or you can buy premade. Keep at room temperature.
- Position rack in center of oven, and place a baking sheet on it. Heat oven to 400°F. Combine chopped tomatoes with salt, place in a colander or strainer set over a bowl, and let sit 20 minutes to drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, egg yolk, water, and a large pinch of salt until smooth; set aside.
- Divide pizza dough into 4 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a paper-thin round, about 12 inches in diameter.
- Place 1/4 of the sliced salmon on the bottom left side of each dough round, about 1 inch from the edge. Top with 1/4 of the drained tomatoes, followed by 1/4 of the mozzarella. Brush the 1-inch-wide border of each dough round with egg mixture, then fold each dough round in half and then fold in half again (it will resemble a quarter-circle shape).
- Using a fork, crimp the edges of each calzone to seal in the filling, and trim any excess dough so the edges are even. Brush the top of each calzone and the edges with egg mixture, place on the heated baking sheet, and bake until golden brown and puffed around the edges, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating5 people
Love it!!invisiblechef in loved it
Another keeper - thanks so much! Gosh, I'm getting darn hungry...lunasea in Orlando loved it
I hope there is not a limit to the number of bookmarked recipes. I would be well over the limit with your recipes alone.
Michaeltrigger in loved it