Beef StroganoffFrom tippystclair 6 years ago
- 1 lb very lean flank steak shopping list
- 1 lg white onion, very finely chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dill (fresh or dried. You may use more if you like dill.) shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley (optional) shopping list
- 3 Tbsp sherry (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream (or low fat yogurt with 1 tsp vinegar mixed in) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 cups noodles, freshly cooked and still hot shopping list
How to make it
- Slice steak into very thin strips, 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches
- Heat butter in a large skillet
- Saute the onions and garlic, stirring frequently.
- Add the steak and mushrooms and cook until the meat is browned on all sides.
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch, sherry and broth until smooth.
- Stir into the steak mixture and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the sour cream and turn off heat.
- Sprinkle parsley overall.
- Serve over hot noodles.
- (You may serve this over rice, if you prefer.)
People Who Like This Dish 41
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating5 people
I've been craving this dish lately. I think it will make a wonderful surprise for my husband who LOVES meat. (I don't cook enough meat. I'm a chicken, salmon gal.) Anyway, thank you for the delicious sounding recipe.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Ok, I love the stroganoff made it last night. Red wine reduction after meat browns then added shrooms at the end. Red wine vinegar was great in the sour cream, left out the dill and this was a hit....... Thanks for shareing your recipemrcooksalot in Denver loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!