Orange-Ginger ChickenFrom chihuahua 7 years ago
- 6 chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 Tbs. finely shredded orange peel shopping list
- 1 C orange juice shopping list
- 1 C dry white wine, divided shopping list
- 6 Tbs. honey, divided shopping list
- 4 Tbs. grated fresh ginger, divided shopping list
- 1 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 C chicken broth shopping list
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce shopping list
- 3 C hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Trim excess fat from chicken and score skin. (I prefer to use skinless chicken.)
- Place chicken in a self-sealing plastic bag and set in a bowl.
- For marinade, combine orange peel, orange juice, half the wine, 4 Tbs. of the honey, and 3 tsp. of the ginger. Pour over chicken and seal bag. Refrigerate 4 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove breasts and transfer marinade to a large saucepan.
- Add remaining wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes, or until reduced to one-fourth cup (watch carefully as mixture may foam over.)
- Meanwhile, brown chicken breasts in olive oil, turning once.
- Transfer breasts, skin side up, to a baking dish.
- Roast uncovered at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 170 degrees.
- Add remaining honey, remaining ginger, broth, and soy sauce to reduced marinade. Return to a boil. Boil gently, uncovered, about 15 minutes, or until reduced to two-thirds cup, stirring frequently.
- Season to taste.
- To serve, arrange chicken on a bed of rice. Spoon sauce over the top.