Freakin Awesome Baked Potato SoupFrom seths 9 years ago
- 3 pounds all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cut into large pieces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon stick butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions shopping list
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups milk (or to desired consistency) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- Toppings: shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided shopping list
- 1 cup chopped scallions, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Place potatoes into large pot and cover with water. Heat to a boil and cook until done, but not mushy. Let potatoes drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a 4- to 6-quart pot over medium low heat. Stir in onions and garlic; cover and cook 10 minutes until soft, but not brown. Add 2/3 of the potatoes and mash with a potato masher. Add broth, milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Cut remaining potatoes in small cubes. Add to soup and stir gently to reheat. Sprinkle with cheddar and scallions to serve.