Greek Orzo SaladFrom shandy 5 years ago
- 3/4 of a 1-pound package of orzo pasta shopping list
- 4 green onions, chopped up shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. feta cheese shopping list
- 1/3 c. fresh dill. . .fresh is sooo much better in flavor then dried shopping list
- 4 T. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 3 T. olive oil (I use extra-virgin) shopping list
- 2 pounds of medium shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined (I cooked mine simply in salted water) shopping list
- 1 cucumber (My cucumber was about 1 foot long and not overly fat.) Quarter the cucumber lengthwise so that you have 4 long strips and then cut into 1/4-inch thick pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cucumber (Used for full, thin slices on top of salad) shopping list
- 1 (12-ounce) basket cherry tomatoes, cut in half and divided shopping list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- fresh dill sprigs for Decorating the top of the salad shopping list
How to make it
- Cook orzo in a large pot of water. Bring salted water to boiling and cook until tender, about 9 minutes. Stir orzo occasionally. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well. . .this is important for later.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add green onions, feta cheese, chopped dill, lemon juice, and olive oil. Mix well.
- Make sure there is no excess water on the cooked medium sized shrimp. Add to salad and mix well. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. '
- Mix in cucumber pieces, 3/4 of the cherry tomatoes that have been cut in halves. Arrange whole cucumber rounds and cherry tomato halves around edge of bowl and garnish with the pretty little dill sprigs.
- Chill salad until ready to serve. This makes a big bowl of salad but mine only made it 2 days.