Scallops wrapped in kataifiFrom saucylady 6 years ago
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 4 extra large sea scallops shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 lb kataifi filo shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 1 tomato, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced scallions shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped dill shopping list
- For the butter sauce shopping list
- 1 medium shallot, sliced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/2 lb butter, cut into small bits, thoroughly chilled shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, simmer the vinegar until syrupy, about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 450°F. Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Wrap each scallop in some of the kataifi filo. Arrange the scallops on a baking sheet and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Make the butter sauce: In a small saucepan, combine the shallot, thyme, and wine. Simmer until completely reduced and there is no liquid remaining. Over low heat and whisking constantly, add the butter, a few pieces at a time. Allow the butter to become creamy before adding the next few pieces. Do not boil or the butter will melt and the sauce will become oily. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep the sauce warm.
- Bake the scallops until just done, about 15 minutes.
- To serve, cut each wrapped scallop in half and place in the center of the plate. Spoon the butter sauce over the scallops. Drizzle with some of the reduced balsamic vinegar (save the remaining balsamic syrup for another use). Sprinkle the tomatoes, scallions and dill around the scallop.
The Cooksaucylady Canton, OH
The Rating5 people
This sounds incredible! Gotta try to find the filo. We have regular filo in the stores around here, though.trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
yummy!choclytcandy in loved it
me likemrslava in Staten Island loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!