Easy Shawarma Lahori StyleFrom atariq123 9 years ago
- 6 each flat pita bread shopping list
- 1-1/2 lbs chicken breast shopping list
- 1 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 tsp red chilli pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp garam masala or allspice shopping list
- 2 tbsp oil shopping list
- 6 slices pickled cucumbers shopping list
- 12 pieces pickled green chillies hot (med or mild) shopping list
- 12 olives shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 1 cup fresh lettuce (or any greens) shopping list
- For the Suace: shopping list
- 8 tbsp mayonnaise (light if desired) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp tahini paste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste shopping list
- wax paper for wrapping shopping list
How to make it
- Julienne chicken and marinade in yogurt, garam masala, salt and red chillies for 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare the garlic sauce by mixing the three ingrients together. or for more authentice garlic sauce see Garlic Sauce (thanks Lohashim). Set aside.
- Cut tomatoes, onions and lettuce into thin strips.
- Heat oil in a wide pan and cook chicken about 7-8 minutes until cooked evenly.
- Cut 6 pieces out of the wax paper at least 2-1/2 inches bigger than the pita bread on all sides.
- Heat / grill pita bread slighly, smother about 1 to 1-1/4 tbsp of garlic sauce, put 5 tbsp of cooked chicken, 1 piece of cumcumber, some tomato, onion and lettuce slices, top with 2 pieces of pickld chillies and olives.
- Transfer to wax paper, roll, securing top and bottom ends by twisting the wax paper. Enjoy :)
The Cookatariq123 Rochester Hills, MI
The Rating6 people
Yum! This sounds great. I wish I had this for lunch today. Thanks for the post. I'm sure it's a 5.grandmommy in Nashville loved it
Thanks Amna for another great post
i think i will make it for dinner tonight
i like the idea of the waxed wrap,it seems like "we bought take-outs" l.o.l. :}
Have a wonderful week-end
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
O' Dear,you are making me hungry with all the yummy recipes.I'm sure that they have an excellent flavor.ambus in Lahore loved it