Carls Banana Apple Brown BettyFrom firecapt 9 years ago
How to make it
- Mix sugar, salt and cinnamon together.
- Combine with sliced apples and bananas.
- Brown bread cubes in butter.
- Fill buttered baking dish with alternate layers of bread cubes and fruit using bread for top and bottom layers.
- Cover dish and bake in moderate oven (375 F.) 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake 15 minutes longer, or until apples are tender
The Cookfirecapt Randolph, NY
The Rating2 people
This sounds so good! I may have to try this tonight!lilliancooks in Long Island loved it
Yes...I made this tonight! It was very good! I only made some very slight changes. I doubled the cinnamon, I used 1 less banana, I baked them in 5 individual ramekins and I sprinkled the tops of each, with cinnamon sugar, before baking. The bread had...morelilliancooks in Long Island loved it