Cream Filled Chocolate CupcakesFrom hayleesgrandma 6 years ago
- FOR THE CUPCAKES shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for muffin tins shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for muffin tins shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature shopping list
- FOR THE FILLING shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme (7.5-ounce jar) shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter two 6-cup (each with a 1-cup capacity) jumbo muffin pans; dust with cocoa powder to coat, tapping out excess. In a medium bowl, whisk together cocoa, flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. On low speed, add half the flour mixture, followed by sour cream, ending with remaining flour mixture; mix just until incorporated (do not overmix).
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking. Cool in pans, 5 minutes; remove cupcakes and cool, right side up, on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare filling: In a medium bowl, whisk marshmallow creme and butter until smooth. Chill until slightly firm, 15 to 30 minutes. Transfer mixture to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag, and seal; cut off one corner of the bag to make a 1/8-inch opening.
- Using a small melon baller, scoop out center of each cupcake from the bottom, and reserve (you will use this to plug cupcake after filling). Hollow out each cupcake a bit more, discarding crumbs. Insert tip of plastic bag into each cavity, and squeeze to fill; replace plugs. Using remaining filling in plastic bag, decorate top of cupcakes.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
The Rating4 people
My great aunt always made these.dixiediner in loved it
thanks sounds so irresistible will surely try these it is similar to the "tinkies: my kids will love these
have a blessed day,dearie
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Great one and so unique!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!