Red Potato Leek SoupFrom nkuklinski 7 years ago
- 2 Cans 15 oz each Fat-Fee reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 Lbs. red potatoes, diced divided shopping list
- 2 oz. Canadian bacon, diced shopping list
- 3 leeks, chopped, divided shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter, divided shopping list
- 1 Med. onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tblsp Chopped chives shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme shopping list
How to make it
- Place onions in large saucepot with butter, rinsed leeks and bacon: cook for 10 min., stirring.
- Add red potatoes, chicken broth and chives. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- In a blender Puree half the soup mixture and Pour back into sauce pot.
- Stir in thyme. Season soup with salt and pepper. Garnish if desired, with diced red peppers.
The Cooknkuklinski Stevens Point, WI
The Rating5 people
A hit with EVERYONE (5 of us) in the family. Even the 3 year old loved it! Easy to make. Great texture. PERFECT!plee in loved it
This is really great, what about adding some lentils or split peas? It's about how I make my split pea soup, always with canadian bacon, really the only difference is I use a lot of garlic.invisiblechef in loved it
this sounds really good and thanks for the info on thyme.mao65 in Griffith loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!