Red Potato Leek SoupFrom nkuklinski 7 years ago
- 2 Cans 15 oz each Fat-Fee reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 Lbs. red potatoes, diced divided shopping list
- 2 oz. Canadian bacon, diced shopping list
- 3 leeks, chopped, divided shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter, divided shopping list
- 1 Med. onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tblsp Chopped chives shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme shopping list
How to make it
- Place onions in large saucepot with butter, rinsed leeks and bacon: cook for 10 min., stirring.
- Add red potatoes, chicken broth and chives. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- In a blender Puree half the soup mixture and Pour back into sauce pot.
- Stir in thyme. Season soup with salt and pepper. Garnish if desired, with diced red peppers.
The Cooknkuklinski Stevens Point, WI
The Rating5 people
You had me at Canadian Bacon.chef_jacob in Truckee loved it
this sounds really good and thanks for the info on thyme.mao65 in Griffith loved it
This is really great, what about adding some lentils or split peas? It's about how I make my split pea soup, always with canadian bacon, really the only difference is I use a lot of garlic.invisiblechef in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!