Classic Coke Baked Ham With Brown Sugar Crumb CrustFrom auntybea 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- If you eat the ham skin, leave it on, if you don't eat it, remove it now.
- Place the ham in a roasting pan.
- Add about 1 inch of Coke to the pan.
- Bake, covered, allowing for 15 minutes per pound.
- Baste the ham frequently with the Coke.
- Add more Coke to the roasting pan during the cooking as it evaporates to prevent burning.
- Turn the ham over 1/2 hour before your baking time ends.
- Meanwhile make topping:
- In a medium bowl combine the brown sugar, bread crumbs, butter, mustard, and pepper.
- After the ham has baked for 15 minutes per pound, remove it from the oven.
- Carefully press the crumb mixture onto the ham, don't worry if some falls into the liquid in the roaster.
- Return the ham to the oven, UNCOVERED, for 30 to 40 minutes more, until the coating is golden.
- Again, don't let the bottom of the roaster dry out -- add more Coke if required.
- Let sit 10 minutes before carving.
- There will be crumb mixture that has fallen into the roaster. Stir that into the liquid in the roaster, pour into a gravy boat and serve as a sauce.
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating4 people
This is just too weird, I add cola to my ham too!
Thanks for sharing..... giving you a big 5, because I know this is good!theresal in Littleton loved it
Thank You!!! I've been looking for a coca cola baked ham recipe.. This is just what I was looking for!!! A definite 5neena51 in Hollywood loved it
We used to make ham this way a lot in the past. It's a classic and very delicious. Great post - you get a 5 from me!lunasea in Orlando loved it