Sweet Potatoe Breakfast BreadFrom sheba 7 years ago
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup good quality apple juice or fresh pressed juice shopping list
- 1 star anise pod shopping list
- 1 cup sweet potato pulp,( I sometimes substitute buttercup squash) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup organic plain whole-milk yogurt shopping list
- 1/4 cup soft fresh goat cheese (I substitute ricotta) shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, mix the apple juice, star anise and cinnamon over medium heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes. Discard star anise.
- Add the sweet potato pulp and nutmeg to the pan and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, or until the mixture forms a paste. Add a little more apple juice if pulp seems dry; cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the honey, yogurt , cheese and egg. Add the oil and whisk again until smooth. Fold in the the sweet potatoe mixture.
- Pour batter into a buttered 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and bake for 60 - 70 minutes in a 350 oven. Let bread cook on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool.