ham saladFrom imhungry 9 years ago
- 2 cups cooked ham cubed shopping list
- 1 large stalk of celery chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. onion chopped shopping list
- 1 large dill pickle chopped shopping list
- 1 large sweet pickle chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp. dill pickle juice shopping list
- 1 tsp. sweet pickle juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip type salad dressing shopping list
How to make it
- Place first 5 ingredients in a food processor and pulse to a fine chop(ingredients should still be recognizable).
- Mix salad dressing and juices to the ham mixture.
- Add more salad dressing to your liking
- Chill for at least an hour and serve!
- I don't have a food processor so I buy ground ham and just take the time to mince the other ingredients. It takes more work but for me it's worth it!!!
- I like to eat mine on Melba toasts or bagel chips. But the recipe calls for it to be sereved on toast. Personally all I need is a spoon LOL
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookimhungry Northern, OH
The Rating6 people
Yes, this is the same ham salad I grew up with (did your friend's mom grow up in MN??!), but in MN we used a bologna called Sweigerts...can't get that where we live now, so ham is the meat of choice. And while I always prefer mayo in most things, sa...morekrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
This is how I make mine....Love it!rml in loved it
Good budget friendly kid friendly food. Thanks.marges in Springfield loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!