Veal MarsalaFrom sunny 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 pound veal medallions shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 large shallot, minced shopping list
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup dry marsala shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly coat the veal medallions in flour, and season with salt and pepper. Cook in the heated skillet about 5 minutes, to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Remove from the skillet, place in a baking dish covered with foil, and keep warm in the preheated oven until ready to serve.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the skillet over medium low heat, and saute the shallot and mushrooms, scraping up any browned bits, until shallots are tender. Increase heat to medium high, and stir in the Marsala and garlic. Cook and stir until thickened. Mix the chicken broth and beef broth into the skillet, and continue to cook and stir until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Remove from heat, and whisk in the butter until melted. Serve over the veal.
The Cooksunny Portland, OR
The Rating4 people
I haven't enjoyed Veal Marsala in years. When I was very young, my parents took us to a wonderful well known Italian restaurant in Toronto. It had the best Veal Marsala and sweatbreads and I remember the desserts being the very best!!! Once again, th...morelor in Toronto loved it
Lovely recipe, Sunny!! 55555 :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!