The Ultimate Nanaimo BarFrom je_suis_cindy 8 years ago
- First Layer (the bottom layer) shopping list
- ½ cup unsalted butter (European Style cultured) shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 5 Tbsp cocoa shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 3/4 graham wafer crumbs shopping list
- ½ cup finely chopped almonds shopping list
- 1 cup coconut shopping list
- Second Layer (the middle one) shopping list
- ½ cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 Tbsp and 2 tsp cream shopping list
- 2 Tbsp vanilla custard powder shopping list
- 2 cups icing sugar shopping list
- Third Layer (the top one) shopping list
- 4 squares semi-sweet chocolate (1 ounce each) shopping list
- I use 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of the chocolate squares. shopping list
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- First Layer:
- Melt first 3 ingredients in top of a double boiler.
- Add egg and stir to cook and thicken.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in crumbs, coconut and nuts.
- Press firmly into an ungreased 8"x8" pan
- Second Layer:
- Cream butter, cream, custard powder and icing sugar together well.
- Beat until light.
- Spread over bottom layer.
- Third Layer:
- Melt chocolate and butter over low heat.
- When cool, but still liquid, pour over second layer and chill in refrigerator.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookje_suis_cindy Whereever, CA
The Rating3 people
When I worked at this other cafe in HMB, someone asked if I knew how to make these. I had never heard of them before and totally forgot about them until I saw your post. I will be trying them for sure now; thanks! Luisaluisascatering in San Carlos loved it
My family loved these. After I made them, they were all gone in less than a day. My family was asking for more of them within a couple of weeks. This recipe is definitely a keeper.Cookie_Momster in Deep in the Heart-a loved it
This is exactly like the CityofNanaimo.ca's recipe except for one detail: It should read 1-1/4 cup graham crumbs with 1/2 cup ground almonds. Or 1-3/4 cup graham crumbs if you don't use the almonds.
My favorite dessert growing up! As a native Is...moreCosmicmother in Canada loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!