Fried Onion Potato DishFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 4 cups frozen hash browns shopping list
- 1 package butter and herb mashed potato mix shopping list
- 1 stick butter softened shopping list
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened shopping list
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups boiling water shopping list
- 2 cups prepared French fried onion rings shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring a pot of water to boiling then add hash browns and cook 5 minutes then drain well.
- In a large bowl mix together the cooked hash browns, mashed potato mix, butter, cream cheese, jack cheese, sour cream, garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the boiling water and place in a greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes then sprinkle onion rings over casserole and bake 8 minutes longer.