Mississippi Mud CakeFrom betty_boop 7 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (pecans) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease one 9x13 inch cake pan.
- In a large sauce pan over low heat, melt 1 cup of the butter or margarine and the cocoa.
- Stir often.
- Remove from heat and add white sugar, beat well.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt and stir into the egg mixture. Stir in the chopped nut and teaspoon of the vanilla. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and spread the marshmallow cream over the cake.
- Spoon chocolate icing over marshmallow topping while the cake is still hot and spread.
- The cake will get "muddied" by the spreading action.
- to Make Icing:
- Beat together the remaining 1/4 cup butter or margarine,
- 1/3 cup cocoa,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla,
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar.
- Once well combined spoon over the still hot cake.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookbetty_boop Pine Prairie, LA
The Rating7 people
Absolutely delicious!! :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
This is a wonderful recipe. I love it!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Bettyrecipesrule in Winnipeg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!