Cabbage Beef and Carrot CasseroleFrom donman 7 years ago
- 1 lb. ground chuck shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 1 medium head green cabbage (about 6 cups coarsely sliced) shopping list
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced (about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of Donnie’s cajun seasoning Mix (Can be found with my recipes on my profile page. Or equivalent ingredients.) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of sugar shopping list
- 1 can beef broth (14 ½ oz.) shopping list
- 1 can of condensed tomato soup (10 ¾ oz.) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 6 to 8 quart stock pot, over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and onion until the meat is well browned, stirring occasionally. (Do not drain the grease)
- Remove the stock pot from the heat and add the cabbage, carrots, seasoning mix and salt.
- Toss to mix.
- Spoon the mixture into 4 quart casserole dish.
- Pour beef broth over mixture.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the mixture.
- Toss the mixture well.
- Spread the tomato soup evenly over the top of the mixture.
- Cover and bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Mix well and cook covered for another 30 to 45 minutes. (Until the cabbage and carrots are cooked to your liking)
The Cookdonman Hammond, LA
The Rating6 people
This sounds very good.Very Unique!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Another good one. Thanks for such different ideas.juels in Clayton loved it
You're a good one with the comfort food! This one would definitely be a winner. Great post! - Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!