Rustic Harvest Apple PieFrom suestonebender 9 years ago
- 2/3 or 1 cup white sugar (depending on the tartness of your apples) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp. milk or cream shopping list
- 2 or 3 tbsp. butter shopping list
- Pastry for 9-inch double pie crust (see my Flakey pie crust recipe, separately) shopping list
How to make it
- Peel, core and slice enough apples to make 3 cupfuls.
- Combine the sugar, flour and spices, and then mix them with the apples.
- Pour the combination into the pie shell, drip the milk and put dots of butter over the top.
- Cover with a top crust, fasten the edges firmly and make a fluted trimming.
- Cut a pattern of holds in the lid to let the steam escape.
- Bake in a 375-degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes until the crusts are a pale, golden colour.