Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates With Balsamic Reduction SauceFrom baron_grayson 9 years ago
- 1 package of bacon(american style, streaky) shopping list
- 24 almonds, roasted shopping list
- 24 pitted dates shopping list
- balsamic reduction sauce for drizzling, simple recipe included if you do not have this handy. shopping list
- 1 fresh small tomato shopping list
- fresh parmesan for garnish shopping list
- cracked black pepper for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- If you have to make this sauce your estimated time will be increased of course. Just bite the bullet and always have it handy. ~grin~ Here is a simple recipe for balsamic reduction sauce. On the stove simmer 1 cup of balsamic vineger until reduced by half. You should end up with half a cup of thick syrup. As an option before you shut off the heat, add small chunks of butter up to 2 ounces, gently whisk until butter is melted and mixed throughly into the sauce. If you have leftover sauce try it on grilled mushrooms, lamb or beef.
- To assemble the stuffed dates, cut each piece of bacon in half. Depending on how many pieces of bacon you have adjust for the number of dates and almonds. You want one almond and one date per half piece of bacon.
- Push one almond piece into a pitted date.
- Wrap each stuffed date with a half slice of bacon.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Broil these for 10 minutes but please be careful to watch them as not all broilers are the same. You want nice crispy bacon.
- When done, place these one layer deep on a nice serving platter.
- Drizzle with your balsamic reduction sauce.
- Chop your fresh tomato finely. Garnish the dish in the middle with the chopped tomato. It gives colour and adds a nice taste to compliment the richness of the ingredients.
- Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese curls and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Try altering this recipe by using almonds spiced with chili powder for slight heat, smoked almonds or any other interesting flavoured almond.
- For bacon, try apple smoked, pepper bacon...etc. Be adventurous.
- Have a glass of Sangria for me.
The Cookbaron_grayson Las Vegas, NV
The Rating3 people
This is perfect! I love bacon wrapped stuffed dates but the additon of the basamic reduction really hits this one out of the park! High-5!meals4abby in Valders loved it
omg this sounds awesome... this is one of my favorite appetizers to order in restaurants, but the balsamic reduction sauce is a unique twist. Putting shopping list together now...hayamaktoum in New York loved it