The Rose CakeFrom noir 6 years ago
- 1 Tbsp shortening shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1 Cup sugar or "Rose sugar"(see my recipe) shopping list
- 1/2 Cup canola oil or other vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon rose water/Optional if using "Rose Sugar" shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon soda shopping list
- 2 1/4 Cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Cup buttermilk shopping list
- 8 rose scented geranium leaves-Organic shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Generously grease a 8x12 inch pan with shortening and dust with flour. Lightly pound rose geranium leaves between sheets of wax paper and arrange in the bottom of the pan.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer or a food processor beat together egg whites and sugar.
- Continue beating until the sugar dissolves.
- Beat in the oil, salt, vanilla extract and rose water.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk to the egg and oil mixture.
- Mix only until no flour is visible.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown on the top and firm to the touch.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- Turn out of pan.
- Allow to cool completely on wire rack.
- Peel off leaves when the cake is completely cool.
- Decorate according to your liking.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
This is amazing!smooch in America loved it
Wow Noir, the best cake to signify Spring! Roses! *smile* Happy Easter too!pink in USA loved it
Love itmidgelet in Eastern loved it