Penne With Asparagus N Lemon CreamFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch diagonal pieces shopping list
- 2 bunches scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch diagonal pieces shopping list
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest shopping list
- 12 ounces whole-wheat penne shopping list
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil shopping list
How to make it
- Put a large pot of lightly salted water on to boil.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and scallions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and browned in places, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk ricotta and lemon zest in a large bowl. Cook penne until just tender, about 10 minutes. Measure out 1/4 cup of the pasta-cooking water; stir into ricotta mixture until creamy. Drain the penne and mix into the ricotta mixture; toss to coat. Add the vegetables and toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve, garnished with basil.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
This is great, Happy Easter!smooch in America loved it
One of the reasons I love the Spring is because it's asparagus season....Great post....:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
One of my favorite side dishes JM..Although it is hard to find Asparagus here in Egypt..ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!