Crab Fondue MeltsFrom mrspotatohead 6 years ago
- 1 (11-oz.) can refrigerated crusty French loaf shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine shopping list
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded medium white cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can crabmeat, drained shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Bake French loaf as directed on can.
- Meanwhile, in 3 quart nonstick saucepan, melt butter over mediumlow heat.
- Add flour; cook and stir until bubbly, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add water and wine, cooking and stirring until smooth. Reduce heat to low; gradually add Swiss cheese and 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese, stirring constantly until melted.
- Stir in crabmeat, mustard and paprika.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Trim ends from warm loaf; cut loaf into 12 slices and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Top each with about 2 tablespoons fondue.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese over slices.
- Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat 1 minute or until bubbly and slightly brown.
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
The Rating4 people
Bet you could do these melts with many different fondues and not just crab??? Like lobster or artichoke or, or, or....???
Fantastic recipe, thank you!whuebl in Annapolis loved it
Delish!raelene1951 in Brighton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!