Old Time Beef StewFrom silverqueen 7 years ago
- 2 lbs stew beef shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. oil shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 medium onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. paprika shopping list
- Dash ground cloves or allspice shopping list
- 3 large carrots sliced shopping list
- 4 red potatoes, quartered shopping list
- 3 ribs celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Brown meat in hot oil.
- Add water, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bay leaves, onion, salt, sugar, pepper, paprika and allspice.
- Add carrots, potatoes and celery.
- cover and cook 40 minutes longer.
- To thicken gravy, remove 2 cups hot liquid.
- Using a separate bowl combine 1/4 cup water and cornstarch until smooth.
- Mix with hot liquid and return mixture to pot.
- Stir and cook until bubbly.
- Cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove bay leaves.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating6 people
Hi Happy Easter and thanks for the great recipe. I
think it will be perfect. Will let you know...Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
Sounds great! I will have the corn bread.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Perfect :)donman in Hammond loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!