Basic Easy BrowniesFrom shirleyoma 8 years ago
- nonstick cooking spray shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter (melted) shopping list
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar (I use 1/2 brown sugar Splenda) shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (I use 1/2 cup WW pastry flour and 1/2 cup AP flour) shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 tes. instant coffee (optional) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sifted powdered sugar (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Lightly coat the bottom of a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray, being careful not to coat sides of pan.
- 2. To melted butter add the following: granulated sugar, the water, and vanilla. Stir in flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder until combined. Stir in chocolate pieces. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Remove from pan. Cut into 16 bars. Sprinkle with the powdered sugar or you can add your favorite frosting.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating8 people
Ooh, chocolate and oh, look, SUGAR lol How can I resist? Bring it on! If I give you my 5, can I have the whole tray? Pretty please?!?!danadooley in Singapore loved it
Great recipe! I'm with danadooley.....can I have the whole thing?! With sugar on top!! Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
Yummy, be so good with a cup of coffee!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it