Japanese Oven Fried Chicken LegsFrom httpmom 8 years ago
- 10-12 chicken legs or thighs or combo shopping list
- 1/4 cup sake shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup peanut oil shopping list
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 8 scallions, sliced thin shopping list
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce shopping list
- 2 TBS sweet red chili sauce shopping list
- 2TBS rice vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, crushed shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse the chicken legs and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine in a plastic bag: sake, 1/4 cup soy sauce, oil, ginger, garlic, and half the scallions. Add the chicken legs, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray oil a baking dish.
- Place panko bread crumbs in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper, and stir well to combine.
- Take chicken pieces from bag and roll and press them in the seasoned panko.
- Place the breaded chicken legs on the bake dish in a single layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turn the pieces over, and bake for 30 minutes more or until cooked through. Can be cooled now for later use.
- While chicken is baking, make the sauce:
- Whisk hoisin, chili sauce, vinegar, and 2 TBS soy sauce together.
- Place chicken legs in a single layer on a platter or on individual plates and drizzle with sauce and scatter over the crushed peanuts and remaining scallions.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.