Cheeseburger SoupFrom kathye 5 years ago
- 1 lb ground sirloin (use instead of regular ground beef to keep the soup from getting greasy) shopping list
- 1 cup onion, diced shopping list
- 3/4 cup celery, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups russet potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried basil shopping list
- 3 T unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk shopping list
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 2 T prepared yellow mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Brown beef in 1 T butter in large pot over medium heat.
- Cook until the meat begins to brown, then add the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic and saute about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, potatoes, and basil; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10-12 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Melt 3 T butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour and cook 1-2 minutes, then add the milk, whisking until smooth, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Add the milk mixture to the soup and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Add cheese, ketchup, mustard, salt, and pepper, stirring until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with fries and chopped pickles.
The Cookkathye MD
The Rating4 people
U know, i was a little worried when i saw the heading for this recipe, but after reading it, it sounds amazing. cant wait to try it!cgendy in Manalapan loved it
What a cool and clever meal! I'll be trying this one - thanks!lunasea in Orlando loved it
I'll have to try this one!waterlily in Joplin loved it