Lemongrass Pork with Vietnamese Table SaladFrom lunasea 6 years ago
- Dipping Sauce: shopping list
- 3/4 cup hot water shopping list
- 5 tablespoons fish sauce* shopping list
- 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 Thai bird chiles with seeds or 1/2 jalapeño chile with seeds, minced shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- ~~~~ shopping list
- Pork: shopping list
- 6 green onions (white and pale green parts only), chopped (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped lemongrass shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided shopping list
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds boneless pork loin chops (each 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick) shopping list
- ~~~~ shopping list
- Salad and Noodles: shopping list
- 1 small English hothouse cucumber, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise shopping list
- 1 baby pineapple, peeled, halved, thinly sliced or 1/2 small pineapple, peeled, cut into 2 wedges, cored, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 cups bean sprouts shopping list
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil leaves shopping list
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves shopping list
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves shopping list
- 20 fresh green shiso leaves shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot shopping list
- 1 8- to 9-ounce package dried rice vermicelli noodles shopping list
- 3 heads of butter lettuce, cored, leaves separated shopping list
How to make it
- For Dipping Sauce:
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Season sauce to taste with salt.
- ** Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- For Pork:
- Mix first 6 ingredients and 2 tablespoons oil in 11x7-inch glass dish.
- Add pork chops to marinade, turn several times to coat evenly, then crowd together in single layer. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- For Salad and Noodles:
- Arrange cucumber, pineapple, bean sprouts, all herbs, and carrot around edge of large platter.
- **Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover; chill.
- Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender and turning white, separating often with tongs, about 4 minutes. Drain.
- Arrange in center of platter. Mound lettuce leaves in large shallow bowl.
- Prepare grill (medium-high heat). Brush grill rack with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Grill pork with marinade still clinging to meat until slightly charred and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- Transfer pork to cutting board. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Cut pork crosswise into 1/3-inch-wide strips. Place pork and any juices from board atop noodles.
- To serve, fill lettuce leaves with pork, noodles, herbs, and vegetables.
- Serve with sauce for dipping.
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating8 people
This is so healthy, fresh and fabulous. Great Way to start my diet. Now what do we do about that "Pizza" ????????????
Hugs-Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it
MMMMMM OH this looks delicious!!!!!neena51 in Hollywood loved it
Wow... wow... 5,5,5,5,5....!!!! You really take me here with your recipes, Vicky!berry in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!