Tuscany Roasted Fig Sauce Over Chicken BreastsFrom suestonebender 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped figs shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweet vidalia onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 apple finely chopped (Braeburns, Galas, Honeycrisps and Winesaps are lovely in this) shopping list
- 1/4 cup peanut oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/8 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 garlic bulb, crushed shopping list
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all of the ingredients (except for the chicken) into a food processor and puree. I like to do the figs first and slowly add the other ingredients in.
- Add additional liquid (soy sauce and/or orange juice) if too thick, or additional figs if too thin, until the paste is the consistency you want. It should be a nice, chunky paste.
- Spread over chicken breasts and roast.
- Serve with a nice pan of baby potatoes and asparagus spears roasted in butter, minced garlic and a sprinkling of freshly grated asiago cheese.
- Give it a kiss it with a nice glass of Wolf Blass Yellow Label Chardonnay.
The Cooksuestonebender CA
The Rating4 people
Was looking for recipies for a type of fig suace to use on my BBQ Brisket. This recipie looks like a winner. Thanksbldeagle39 in loved it
This is great!smooch in America loved it
Hm, figs, roasted, in a sauce, with apples too? My god, I think I just died and went to heaven, or wherever it is I end up rotting away until I come back as a cucumber or something in a fit of Joy. I'd splurge with the wine, great label, beautiful ...morebradfordblanco in loved it