Tangerine Chiffon CakeFrom silverqueen 9 years ago
- CHIFFON CAKE: shopping list
- 4 tangerines or 3 navel oranges shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 5 large eggs separated shopping list
- 2 large egg whites shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar shopping list
- tangerinE GLAZE: shopping list
- 2 tangerines or 1 navel orange shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325*F.
- From the tangerines grate 1 Tbsp. peel and squeeze 3/4 cup juice.
- In large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt and q cup sugar.
- Make well in center.
- Add oil, egg yolks and tangerine juice and peel, whisk into dry ingredients.
- In another large bowl, with mixer on high speed, beat 7 egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually sprinkle in remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp. at a time and beat until whites just stand in stiff peaks when beaters are lifted
- With rubber spatula gently fold in 1/3 of the whites into egg yolk mixture to loosen the batter, then fold in remaining whites.
- Pour batter into ungreased 10" angel food cake pan.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched with a finger.
- Invert cake in pan on metal funnel or bottle, cool completely about 2 hours.
- With a knife carefully loosen cake from side and center of pan.
- Remove cake from pan, place right side up on cake plate.
- TANGERINE GLAZE:
- From tangerine grate 1 tsp. peel and squeeze 2 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. juice.
- In a small bowl stir together confectioners sugar, vanilla, tangerine peel, 2 Tbsp. tangerine juice until smooth, adding remaining tsp. if necessary for good spreading consistency.
- Spoon glaze over cooled cake, spreading with back of spoon and allowing glaze to run down sides of cake.
- Let stand until glaze is set, about 30 minutes
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating4 people
I love tangerine flavor, can't wait to make this!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
Tangerines are a favorite flavor and fragrance. How wonderful and light.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Oh my, I love tangeries and this cake looks and sounds fabulous. I make at least 3 cakes per week and this one is going on my next round. Thanks for posting.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!