Tangerine Chiffon CakeFrom silverqueen 6 years ago
- CHIFFON CAKE: shopping list
- 4 tangerines or 3 navel oranges shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 5 large eggs separated shopping list
- 2 large egg whites shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar shopping list
- tangerinE GLAZE: shopping list
- 2 tangerines or 1 navel orange shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325*F.
- From the tangerines grate 1 Tbsp. peel and squeeze 3/4 cup juice.
- In large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt and q cup sugar.
- Make well in center.
- Add oil, egg yolks and tangerine juice and peel, whisk into dry ingredients.
- In another large bowl, with mixer on high speed, beat 7 egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually sprinkle in remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp. at a time and beat until whites just stand in stiff peaks when beaters are lifted
- With rubber spatula gently fold in 1/3 of the whites into egg yolk mixture to loosen the batter, then fold in remaining whites.
- Pour batter into ungreased 10" angel food cake pan.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched with a finger.
- Invert cake in pan on metal funnel or bottle, cool completely about 2 hours.
- With a knife carefully loosen cake from side and center of pan.
- Remove cake from pan, place right side up on cake plate.
- TANGERINE GLAZE:
- From tangerine grate 1 tsp. peel and squeeze 2 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. juice.
- In a small bowl stir together confectioners sugar, vanilla, tangerine peel, 2 Tbsp. tangerine juice until smooth, adding remaining tsp. if necessary for good spreading consistency.
- Spoon glaze over cooled cake, spreading with back of spoon and allowing glaze to run down sides of cake.
- Let stand until glaze is set, about 30 minutes
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating4 people
This is definately one cake I'm going to be baking soon. Sounds so good. Thanks. '5' all the waybrianna in loved it
Oh my, I love tangeries and this cake looks and sounds fabulous. I make at least 3 cakes per week and this one is going on my next round. Thanks for posting.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Tangerines are a favorite flavor and fragrance. How wonderful and light.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!