Creole Stuffed ShrimpFrom waterlily 5 years ago
- Creole mayonnaise (see my recipes) shopping list
- 3/4 c sweet cream unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 4-6 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2 T fresh minced parsley shopping list
- 2 t dried or 2 T fresh chopped oregano shopping list
- 1 t salt shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 t ground cayenne shopping list
- 1 1/2 c crushed Ritz crackers shopping list
- 1/2 c dry white wine shopping list
- 3 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined. Leave shell on the tail. shopping list
- lemon wedges for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, cook until translucent -- about 5 minutes.
- Add parsley, oregano, salt, pepper and cayenne -- cook about 2 minutes, until highly fragrant.
- Remove from heat and add cracker crumbs, stir to moisten.
- Stir in wine.
- This concoction should have the consistency of play-dough and should form a ball if you squeeze some in your hand. Add additional wine or cracker crumbs as needed to achieve that sort of consistency.
- Set aside.
- Position oven rack 6 inches below heat source and preheat broiler.
- Butterfly the shrimp.
- Lay butterflied shrimp on ungreased baking sheets with tail sections curing upward.
- Press about 1 T of the cracker mixture on each shrimp -- you'll need to pat it down firmly with your fingertips.
- Broil until topping is firm and golden brown and shrimp are coral pink, about 8 minutes.
- Arrange shrimp on a platter, top with Creole mayonnaise and garnish with lemon wedges.