Trail Recipes of the Wild West Green Chile StewFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 2 pounds lean chuck roast shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil shopping list
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 12 large green chili peppers (Anaheim or poblano), roasted, peeled shopping list
- and shopping list
- cut into pieces shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6-7 cups water shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the meat into 1/2-inch cubes and brown in oil in fairly deep pan.
- Add potatoes and onions, and brown further. Drain off excess fat.
- Add peppers, garlic salt, salt and water, bring to a boil and simmer
- for at least 30 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with your favorite noodles, rice or
- homemade bread.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating6 people
HELP!!!???!!! I'M ON FIRE!.... For this recipe!:) HIGH FIVE FORKS, Will make later:)snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
sounds great.. love recipes like this.. a 5 in my bookpeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I love hot and spicy and this one sounds fantastic. Another fantastic recipe Mystic. Thanks for posting.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!