Italian Thin Crust Pizza DoughFrom meileen 5 years ago
- 1 package active dry or fresh yeast shopping list
- 1 teaspoon honey shopping list
- 1 cup warm water, 105 to 115 degrees F shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for brushing shopping list
- A large cookie sheet shopping list
- A small and big bowl shopping list
- A fork shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and honey in 1/4 cup warm water.
- Large bowl, combine the flour and the salt. Add the oil, the yeast mixture, and the remaining 3/4 cup of water.
- Mix until the entire mixture forms a ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead by hand 2 or 3 minutes. The dough should be smooth and firm.
- Cover the dough with a clean, damp towel and let it rise in a cool spot for about 2 hours. (When ready, the dough will stretch as it is lightly pulled).
- Divide the dough into 2 balls. *Alternatively you could divide into 4 balls to make into 4 pizzas, about 6 ounces each, to make 8 inch pizzas.
- Work each ball by pulling down the sides and tucking under the bottom of the ball. Repeat 4 or 5 times. Then on a smooth, unfloured surface, roll the ball under the palm of your hand until the top of the dough is smooth and firm, about 1 minutes. Cover the dough with a damp towel and let rest 1 hour. *At this point, the balls can be wrapped in plastic and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 500 F or highest temp. Lightly oil cookie sheet with extra-virgin olive oil. Roll out dough ball, on a lightly floured surface, to the shape of your cookie sheet. Carefully transfer dough to cookie sheet, lightly press and stretch out to the edges of sheet.
- Add sauce (not too much) and toppings. Start with sauce, then cheese, veggies and meat.
- Cook for 10 - 12 minutes, more depending on the thickness of crust due to size of pan you used.
The Cookmeileen Zhuhai GuangDong, CN
The Rating10 people
I made this when he firs published it. He gave instructions on how to make pizza on a grill using this recipe. Great, High 5
Michaeltrigger in loved it
I tried this recipe yesterday and it was a great success !!! My family loved it so much that my son took a slice to school for lunch! He never asks for leftovers for lunch! It was quick and simple, I've never made dough of any kind!!!! Thank you sooo...moreMary0773 in loved it
This is the best pizza dough ever! I modified a bit adding one TABLEspoon of honey!
I have already recommended the recipe to my friends!malaslatkadebelasala in loved it