Plain Old Homemade Chicken Noodle SoupFrom chefjeb 6 years ago
- 3 chicken leg quarters, skinned shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 ribs celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic,. minced shopping list
- 2 1/2 qts water shopping list
- 3 or 4 cups wide curly noodles shopping list
- 3 tbs cornstarch shopping list
- 1 can evaporated milk shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken in pot and simmer until tender. Remove and ebone and chop
- Place stock in food processer and blend until smooth.
- Combine chicken and stock
- Return to boil and add 3 or 4 cups noodles Simmer until noodles are barely tender.(They will cook another 3 - 5 minutesi n next step)
- Check and adjust seasonings.
- Stir 3 tbs cornstarch disolved in 1/3 cup cold water into soup. Simmer another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1 can evaporated milk
- Adjust seasonings.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating3 people
You just turned my Mum's chicky soup into creamed chicky....good twist!dtour in Somewhere In Florida loved it