Honey Baked Ham Panini With Shaved Apple SaladFrom chihuahua 5 years ago
- 1 lb. honey-Baked ham, sliced thin shopping list
- 8 slices swiss cheese shopping list
- 6 ounces baby spinach shopping list
- whole grain mustard shopping list
- Shaved-Apple Salad (recipe follows) shopping list
- butter, room temperature shopping list
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread shopping list
- Shaved-Apple Salad: shopping list
- Makes about 2 cups shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use light Hellmann's) shopping list
- 1 Tbs. sour cream (I like to use Light) shopping list
- 1 Tbs. honey shopping list
- 1 Tbs. cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled, cored, and grated on the coarse grate of a box grater, then tossed with juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 Tbls. fresh chopped mint (I omit this) shopping list
- salt shopping list
- Coarse ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- For Shaved-Apple Salad:
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, honey, cider vinegar, and brown sugar in medium bowl and stir.
- Add cabbage, onion, apple, and mint and toss until well incorporated, then season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside until ready for assembly.
- Preheat panini grill to medium.
- Lay pumpernickel bread on a clean, flat, and dry work surface.
- Spread one slice of bread with molasses mustard, then layer with ham, spinach, apple salad, and two slices swiss cheese.
- Spread molasses mustard on second bread slice and top sandwich.
- Butter both sides of sandwich and grill for about seven minutes or until browned and crisp and cheese is melted.
- Repeat process with remaining ingredients to make additional sandwiches. Remove from heat, slice, and serve warm.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating7 people
Now this is as fabulous recipe! We love paninis, but the addition of the the Shaved-Apple salad makes it more than delicious! My thanks to you for sharing this one. :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Sounds very good. Thanks!kimmer in Dunedin loved it
Sounds great! interesting and I am eager to try it!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!