LEMON CREAM CAKEFrom chefg 9 years ago
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 6 egg yolks shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest shopping list
- 6 egg whites shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- For Filling shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups prepared lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling shopping list
How to make it
- 1. For Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and 1/2 c sugar.
- 3. Add oil, egg yolks, water and lemon rind and beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until peaks form.
- 5. Gradually add 3/4 c sugar and beat until peaks are very stiff and shiny.
- 6. Fold in 1/3 of egg whites to batter, then quickly fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain.
- 7. Pour batter into ungreased 10" tube pan.
- 8. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until tests done.
- 9. Invert cake and cool completely in pan.
- 10. Remove cake from pan.
- 11. For filling: Beat whipping cream to stiff peaks and fold in lemon filling.
- 12. Chill until stiff.
- 13. Slice cake horizontally into 3 equal layers.
- 14. Fill layers with 1/3 cup of filling.
- 15. Spread rest of filling on top layer.
- 16. Decorate with lemon slices
The Cookchefg Roswell, NM
The Rating8 people
I had this Olive Garden dessert today. One of the most delicious cakes I've ever tasted! The filling is just right...not too lemony...not too sweet. :)rose in loved it
I really want to make this one!pink in USA loved it
Thank you for this. Looking for a lemon cake recipe & this is what I want! lolcherihannah in Shickshinny loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!