Strawberry and Watercress Salad with Strawberry VinegarFrom inmaculada 9 years ago
- For the Salad: shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons strawberry vinegar (recipe follows) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons Spanish virgin olive oil shopping list
- 8 cups watercress shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, cut lengthwise into thick slices shopping list
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled shopping list
- For the Strawberry Vinegar: shopping list
- 3 cups strawberries, trimmed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional if berries are not sweet) shopping list
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl, then add oil in a thin stream, whisking well.
- Arrange watercress and strawberries in a large bowl and toss with just enough vinaigrette to lightly coat.
- When serving, sprinkle the goat cheese on top.
- Making the Strawberry Vinegar:
- Process berries and sugar in a food processor until juicy. Transfer to a bowl and add vinegar and let stand 1 hour. Push vinegar thorough a sieve into a bowl, discarding solids.
- Vinegar will keep, covered and chilled, one week.
The Cookinmaculada Palma De Mallorca, ES
The Rating1 people
This looks great!chriesi in Zuerich loved it
Eat Light Healthy457 members
Mediterannean Cuisine135 members
Spanish And Hispanic Food142 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Anything Goes289 members
Eat Those Veggies85 members
Frugal Pantry Cookers187 members
Companys Coming115 members
Friends In The Kitchen316 members
The Unbroken Circle44 members