Sweet Potato Croquettes with Lemon Maple SauceFrom nlo209 6 years ago
- 2 medium sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp orange zest shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder shopping list
- pinch of nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup crushed Rice Krispies shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (or pecans) shopping list
- sunflower or safflower oil for frying shopping list
- 1/2 cup maple syrup shopping list
- 1/4cup lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Roast the sweet potatoes in a 375ºF oven till soft. Allow to cool.
- Remove the skin and mash the flesh, then add egg yolk, spices and seasonings.
- Shape into balls and roll in the rice krispies and almond mixture.
- Heat the oil in a shallow frying pan and fry the croquettes until brown on the outside, about 5 minutes.
- Separately, heat the warm maple syrup, add the lemon juice and pour over the top of the croquettes.
- Eat while warm and sticky. Makes 6 golf-ball-size croquettes.
The Cooknlo209 Toronto, CA
The Rating4 people
Very good:)orangeskipper in Redding loved it
These just appeal to me on so many levels and I cannot wait to give them a taste. Thanks, Nancy - great offering!lunasea in Orlando loved it
Another winner.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!