Grilled Beef Tenderloin With Mediterranean RelishFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- STAND TIME 10 MINUTES shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 3- to 4-pound center-cut beef tenderloin shopping list
- 2 Japanese eggplants, halved lengthwise shopping list
- 2 red or yellow sweet peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded shopping list
- 1 sweet onion (such as Walla Walla or Vidalia), cut into 1/2-inch slices shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped, pitted kalamata olives shopping list
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl combine oregano, cracked pepper, lemon peel, and 2 cloves of the garlic. Use your fingers to rub the mixture onto all sides of the meat.
- In a grill with a cover, arrange hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium-hot heat above the pan. Place meat on grill rack over drip pan. Brush eggplants, sweet peppers, and onion slices with olive oil. Arrange vegetables on edges of grill rack directly over coals. Cover and grill for 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning once. Remove vegetables from grill; set aside. Cover grill and continue grilling meat for 25 to 30 minutes more or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center registers 135 degrees for medium-rare doneness. Cover; let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, for relish, coarsely chop grilled vegetables. In a medium bowl combine grilled vegetables, tomatoes, olives, basil, the remaining garlic clove, the vinegar, salt, and the ground black pepper. Serve the beef with relish. Makes 10 servings.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
Like it!shuga in United States loved it
Yeah baby. Can I just eat the veggies right off the grill? Yum.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
SOUNDS GOOD I WILL TRY ITminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!