Lentil And Swiss Chard Soup With Lemon Juice Adass Bil HamodFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 1 cup lentils (use green lentils) shopping list
- 1 pound Chard (swiss chard) washed trimmed and chopped into 1/2 inch strips shopping list
- 6 3/4 cups water shopping list
- 10 cloves Organic garlic peeled shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- lemon juice - of 2 lemons shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus 2 tablespoons shopping list
- cilantro for garnish shopping list
- fried pieces of bacon in pieces added when served shopping list
How to make it
- Put the lentils and water in a large saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, add the chopped chard, and reduce the heat to medium. Cover the pan and boil gently for 15 minutes. Mix the softened chard and the lentils well and cook uncovered for another 45 minutes.
- place the garlic cloves in a mortar, add a generous pinch of salt, and pound with a pestle until you have a smooth paste.
- Slowly incorporate the lemon juice into the garlic paste, then do the same with the olive oil.
- Add the garlic mixture to the soup.
- Season with salt and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Serve at room temperature.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating7 people
you are soooo original with your names sweetie :}
i will omit the bacon..
Have a blessed day ,Joymarie
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
One of my favorite soups and I even like it cold too...yeah I know I am a bit different LOL!dottiet in Woodward loved it
Lentils, Lemon and Garlic? How could you go wrong? We make a soup just like this only with carmeliz ed onions instead of garlic and no bacon. I love the garlic alternative... thanks for posting. I will be trying this soon.. Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it