Asparagus Tapas And Red Pepper SauceFrom dottiet 8 years ago
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cored & seeded shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2 T. olive oil shopping list
- 3 - 4 T. red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 c. fresh basil shopping list
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed shopping list
- 1/2 c. water shopping list
- 1 loaf baguette, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Coarsely chop red peppers.
- Cook peppers and garlic in oil over low heat 30 minutes.
- Puree mixture in food processor or blender.
- Add vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring water to boil in skillet; add asparagus spears.
- Return water to boiling; simmer, covered about 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Spoon red pepper sauce on platter; arrange asparagus on sauce. Garnish with red pepper and basil, if desired.
- Serve with baguette.
The Cookdottiet Woodward, OK
The Rating4 people
This is wonderful! Saving to try.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Dottie, you could double this recipe , I am going to Quadruple it.
A high 5 from me
Michaeltrigger in loved it
I have everything on hand to make this tonight! Thank you. You have a 5 from me!kathye in loved it