Asparagus LasagnaFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 lasagna noodles, no boil variety, or equivalent shopping list
- 1/4 stick unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled shopping list
- 1 lemon, zest only shopping list
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated shopping list
- 3/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Cut tips from asparagus spears and reserve. Cut remaining stalks diagonally into 1/2" pieces and cook until tender-crisp.
- In large bowl of cold water, let sheets of lasagna soak for 15 minues or until softened.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a saucepan, add flour and cook stirring over low heat for 3 minutes. Add broth and water using whisk. Simmer 5 minutes and whisk in feta, zest and salt to taste, continuing until sauce is smooth.
- Drain pasta well, arrange a layer of noodles in bottom of buttered 9" square pan and spread with 1/4 of the sauce. Top the sauce with 1/4th the reserved asparagus stalks and sprinkle with 1/3 cup parmesan. Continue layering ending with lasagna noodles.
- In bowl, beat whipping cream with a pinch of salt until it holds soft peaks. Arrange the asparagus tips on top of casserole and spoon the savory whipped cream over pasta and asparagus tips. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan on top.
- Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Let stand 10 minutes before serving so that it cuts nicely into squares.
- To double, use 2 pans.
- To make this gluten-free: Use gluten-free lasagna noodles and substitute cornstarch for the flour and you're good to go.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating5 people
Lovely dish, very nice.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Love this one, too! Asparagus rocks!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Sounds great... davewolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it