Spring Veggie PastaFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- 8 oz. (4 C.) short pasta (I use rotini) shopping list
- 1 T olive oil shopping list
- 2 pinches kosher salt shopping list
- 1 T. olive oil shopping list
- 1 T margarine or butter shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 C. fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 tub fresh mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced shopping list
- 2 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, sliced 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- 2 small yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise, sliced 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- juice of 1/2 a lemon shopping list
- 6 roma tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 (6 oz.) can black olives, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 C. freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta in boiling water with kosher salt and 1 T olive oil
- While pasta is boiling, in a large skillet over medium heat, sauté garlic in olive oil and margarine
- Add basil, mushrooms, zucchini and yellow squash; stir-fry until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice over veggies as they are cooking
- Stir in tomatoes and black olives; heat through.
- Toss vegetables with hot pasta, that has been drained and rinsed, 1/4 C. Parmesan cheese, and fresh ground black pepper.
- Serve and sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over the top.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating6 people
I made something like this yesterday, but with onions, red and yellow peppers, zucchini and spinach. I make this dish often and vary the veggies, using whatever I have on hand or looks good at the market; also sometimes use thyme instead of basil. ...morelipsantos in Curitiba loved it
Looks great and can easily be adapted to taste. I'm always lookin' for tasty vegetarian dishes.nlo209 in Toronto loved it
I love my Squash and Zucchini so this sounds great to me.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it