BIG Batch for Home Bolognese Meat SauceFrom fewls 8 years ago
- 8 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 12 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 lg onion, chopped fine shopping list
- 2 carrots, chopped fine shopping list
- 3 stalk celery, chopped fine shopping list
- 1 can mushroom stems & pieces shopping list
- 7 cloves of garlic, chopped fine shopping list
- 8 oz. pancetta shopping list
- 10 oz. lean chopped beef shopping list
- 12 oz sweet Italian sausage meat shopping list
- 12 oz. hot italian sausage meat shopping list
- 16 oz. ground pork shopping list
- 2 c. red wine (not cooking wine but the kind you would drink; sip the rest of the wine while cooking :-)) shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. milk shopping list
- 3 28 oz cans Hunts diced tomatoes shopping list
- 3 28 oz cans Hunts crushed tomatoes , shopping list
- 1 large can Contadina tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme shopping list
- 2 T oregano shopping list
- 2 T basil shopping list
- 4 Bay leaves shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter and oil in a large heavy, non-reactive saucepan or stock pot.
- Add the onion, and cook over moderate heat for 3 – 4 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Stir in the carrots, celery, mushrooms - cook for 3 - 6 minutes more.
- Make a paste of the pancetta and garlic in a food processor or mini-chopper, add to pot and cook until fragrant - do not burn
- Add beef, sausage and pork, crumble with fork - DO NOT brown - cook until the meat is no longer red - browning takes away from the flavor and delicacy of the flavor
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the milk, and cook until it evaporates.
- Add wine; raise the heat slightly, and cook until the liquid evaporates, 3 – 4 minutes.
- Remove as much oil as possible with a tablespoon.
- Stir in the tomato paste, tomato sauce and tomatoes with their juices and the herbs.
- Bring the sauce to a boil; lower the heat to a simmer and cook for approximately 3 – 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Do not let the sauce stick on the bottom.
- Add water if necessary.
- Correct the seasoning.
- Sauce will keep for several days in the refrigerator and freezes well for 6 months.
The Cookfewls Helotes, TX
The Rating3 people
Awesome, marvelous, perfect.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
I made this two days ago and then made the "My Family's Favorite Lasagna' (from the same cook) using this sauce. Absolutely INCREDIBLE! I made a huge 15" x 12" pan of lasagna and still have enough sauce left to make a 13" x 9&qu...moreSadiesMom in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!