Fried Green TomatoesFrom minitindel 7 years ago
How to make it
- SLICE TOMATOES DESIRED THICKNESS,......( I LIKE MINE THIN BECAUSE THEY ARE CRISPIER.)
- LAY OUT ON A PAN AND SPRINKLE WITH SALT.
- THEN PLACE IN A COLANDER AND ALLOW TIME FOR SALT TO PULL THE WATER OUT OF THE TOMATOES.
- DIP THE TOMATOES IN BUTTERMILK, THEN DREDGE IN FLOUR
- WITH BLACK PEPPER. AND DEEP FRY UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN 350-375 DEGREES ( MED -HIGH HEAT)
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating8 people
You can't beat Paula's recipes! I have one of her books with her sons. Great recipes!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
One of my favorite summertime foods. Can't beat a fried green tomato!broadzilla in Saxonburg loved it
Green Fried Tomatoes(simply a must] along with Cornbread and Beans yeahmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it