Neapolitana Sauce And Pasta For TwoFrom virtualsteve 8 years ago
- 2 tbsp of good extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced and diced shopping list
- ½ tspn of freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed shopping list
- 6 whole anchovies shopping list
- 3 pieces of prosciutto, diced shopping list
- 6 medium sized roma tomatoes, diced shopping list
- 3 tbsp of concentrated tomato paste shopping list
- 200 grams (7 ounces) of spaghetti (per 2 persons) shopping list
How to make it
- Put a large pot of water on the stove and turn heat up to high. Add a dash of salt and allow the water to boil.
- Put on a separate large saucepan (that will allow you to simmer and stir the end sauce without spillage) onto another part of the stove. Add oil, and onions and fry gently until they are translucent, add ground pepper and turn up heat for a minute or so.
- Add freshly pressed Garlic, Anchovies and Prosciutto. Turn down heat to medium and stir the pot for the next 3 – 5 minutes (this will break up the Anchovies leaving only the taste).
- Add diced Tomatoes, put on a firm fitting lid and allow the mixture to combine through gentle simmering for 5 minutes.
- Add concentrated Tomato paste.
- Into the other pot where you should now have the water boiling rapidly add 200 grams (7 ounces) of spaghetti and boil for about 9 or 10 minutes.
- When spaghetti is al dente turn heat off both pots and add spaghetti with tongs directly to the sauce.
- Stir and serve immediately with some good Italian bread (penne de casa is perfect).
The Cookvirtualsteve Wagga Wagga, AU
The Rating4 people
Delicious! Thanks too for posting the recipe in oz's and such, so much easier for me don't ya know.juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
GREAT! Thanks a bunch!raelene1951 in Brighton loved it
This sounds delicious and I can't wait to try this recipe!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!