White And Wild Rice SaladFrom orangeskipper 5 years ago
- 2/3 cup wild rice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups white long grain rice shopping list
- 1/2 lb. snow peas, cut in half crosswise shopping list
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves shopping list
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice shopping list
- 2 scallions, trimmed and sliced thin shopping list
How to make it
- Cook wild rice according to package directions. Drain and spread out on a cooking sheet to cool. While wild rice is cooling, cook white rice following package directions. Spread out on a baking sheet to cool.
- Bring a medium-size saucepan of water to a boil. Add snow peas and cook for 3 minutes or until crisp tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil. Whisk in apricot preserves until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently combine wild and white rices, snow peas and red pepper. Add dressing and gently stir to coat. Sprinkle scallions on top and serve.
- Note: Can be made ahead; cover and refrigerate for a day or two. Let come to room temperature before serving.
- Per Serving:
- 89 calories
- 5 g fat (0 g sat.)
- 3 g protein
- 31 g carb
- 1 g fiber
- 68 mg sodium
- 0 mg cholesterol
The Cookorangeskipper Redding, CA
The Rating5 people
wonderful thank you for post~ Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Sounds really good!! :)bakermel in Topeka loved it
What a terrific side dish. Thanks for sharing it with us.borinda in SoCal loved it
Health Food Junkies422 members
Salads Galore254 members
Vegetarian Food Lover423 members
Whole Foods142 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Summer Dishes62 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Anything Goes286 members